|Amiga Emulator FAQ|
Updated 27 Jun 2014
Languages: English, Francais, Deutsch, Italiano
WinUAE for Windows or WINE
WinUAE Help file
FS-UAE (Fengestad UAE)
Current version is 2.4.1
|Download (source only)
Download (OSX bin)
Website: Pocket Insanity
myUAE for Palm
UAE for Wii
UAE for Playstation2
NB: For PS3 use YellowDog Linux and E-UAE.
UAE for Sega Dreamcast and Dingoo
UAE for Sony PSP
UAE for Microsoft X-Box
UAE for BeOS
AROS (AROS Research OS)
Power PC Emulators
ChipTune Workbench Simulator
Amiga Forever is a complete Amiga emulation package for DOS, Windows, Mac,
Linux or Android systems which includes the files
needed to run AmigaOS, applications and games and comes in three Editions:
Amiga Forever Value Edition
Buy and Download
Amiga Forever Plus Edition
|Buy and Download 29.95 EUR|
Amiga Forever Premium Edition
Amiga Forever Amiga Explorer
|Try or Buy
|Amiga Forever Essentials for Android||
Google Play Store
The cheapest is the Value Edition
for as little as 9.95 EUR and 95 MB, which includes Kickstart and Workbench
1.3 and 3.x,
an easy setup menu system, KX Light, Gallery, Amiga Explorer, Personal Paint and the Windows Emulator program.
Next up is the Plus Edition , 29.95 EUR, which includes all the Kickstarts and Workbenchs, plus 100s of games and demos and gallery to try, KX Light and a bootable Plus CD.
Finally, the Premium DVD
(49.95 EUR) version also includes some popular Amiga Software, a complete Workbench
hard disk setup including latest Kickstart,
Workbench 3.9, PPaint, MPEG videos of Jay Miner's speech, Commodore launch and
the Deathbed Vigil (last days of Commodore), Amiga
program plus 100s of games and demos to try.
To check it out and get your copy visit Amiga Forever. For a local store visit AmigaKit (UK), AmigaKit (US) AmigaKit (EU), and Cloanto (Italy)
History of the Amiga video
was donated to Cloanto by myself from a 1992 video by Devware Inc.
Free cutdown Workbench for Amiga emulators
Hard disk installation tools for AmigaOS
* Download ADF Blitzer program for reading
and writing ADF images using a graphical frontend.
* Download ADFRead from Winuae.net for copying Amiga disks to PC disks using Windows NT/2000/XP.
* To transfer files, between PC/Mac/Amiga, try the Easy ADF with a PCMCIA Adapter from Amikit.
* Download Cloanto's Amiga Explorer for network transfer between PC and Amiga. No software is required on the Amiga side.
* Download Disk2FDI program which will read Amiga Disks and write it to a FDI format image for use with Winuae.
(Two floppy drives required).
* Download NComm or Term terminal emulators for Amiga file transfers over serial network.
* Download MSH to read and write PC disks on your Amiga (WB2).
* Download WarTrans for network which works with AmigaBasic and a terminal program on the PC side.
* Download WHDLoad for installating games and programs from floppy disk to hard disk.
* Download RunADF for running OCS/ECS game on AmigaOS 4.
* Download WHDLoad to UAE tool for running games from AmigaOS 4.
* Download glUAE to run classic Amiga software on AmigaOS 4.
* Download EasyUAE to provide a useful GUI frontend for E-UAE on AOS 4.
* Download RunInUAE for another GUI frontend for E-UAE on AOS 4.
5. Software for Amiga
* Aminet (Ger.) or Aminet
US has the biggest collection of software which includes loads of utilities,
demos, drivers, pictures, MODs and games
which are freely available. You will need the LHA program from the util/arc folder to extract
* Software Package Add ons. There are loads of dedicated web sites with games, utilities and other files to run on your Amiga. For add on software for Winuae visit AmigaSYS or Amikit. Also, try the Green Amiga Alien Guide. For more Amiga site visit my Misc Links.
* For Games, try Amiga Land, BHLegend, AMI Sector One, AGDB, HOL, Planet Emulation, S.P.S, and Back2Roots. Also, try Factor 5, Vulcan, Cinemaware, Sodan, Llamasoft and FreeCiv. More news and links at AmigaFlame.
* Retailers. Visit Amigakit,Fore-matt, Nova Design, PageStream, Titan Computers, AirSoft, APC-TCP. More dealers can be found at AmigaWorld and Amiga Org.
* Commerical and shareware software: Vapor, SASG (MUI), DiscreetFX, Digital Universe, Hollywood.
* Web Browsers: AWeb, IBrowse, Netsurf (AmigaOS 4), Netsurf 68k.
* Open Source/Free. There is plenty of open source or free amiga software. For example:YAM, JAmiga, Video Toaster, Basilisk II, AmIDE, EaglePlayer, Jabber, SDL, TV Paint , Scout, AmigaAMP, VBCC, MUI Base, etc.
* Other Emulators. For Macintosh try Shapeshifter , Basilisk or Fusion. For 8 bit Commodore machines such as the Pet, Vic 20 and C64 try Vice. For the ZX Spectrum try ZXAM, Spectrum etc. For other platforms try MESS. For PC try PC-Task or PCx.
* Development. Amiga Developer CD files.
6. Hardware for Amiga/PC
Catweasel Mk 4
Floppy controller for PC to read/write multiple disk formats including Amiga 880K/1760K disks.
Amiga A500 type computer with 68000, Kick rom, MMC card, VGA slot, Mouse/Joystick ports.
New Amigas (Power PC and AmigaOS 4.1)
* Sam 440 and 460ex from AmigaKit or ACube Systems.
* AmigaOne X1000 from A-Eon.
7. Archivers for Amiga/PC
* Download X-Arc
(requires MUI) for Archiving needs on Amiga.
* Download lha for lha and lzh archives on Amiga (self-extracting).
* Download DMS for diskmasher images on Amiga (self-extracting).
* Download lzx for lzx archives on Amiga.
* Download lhant for lha for the PC.
* Download Gzip for to unarchive Z,GZ, ADZ, ROZ files.
* Download Archivers for Amiga for other formats.
* Download UnLZX for PC to unarchive LZX format (now in ZIP format),
* Download WinAce for PC to unarhive ZIP, LHA, RAR, ACE, GZ, Bzip archives.
* Download UnRAR for RAR files on Amiga.
* Download Stuffit Deluxe or Express for Macs or PCs.
8. Other files for Amiga Emulator (any version)
* gb2 Keyboard file for Winuae.
* Pure Basic interpreter.
* AmiBlitz (or Blitz Basic) compiler.
* Ace Basic from Aminet.
* FrogASPI for Winuae.
9. Information, documentation and other things
* For hardware information, see the Big
Book of Amiga Hardware, Amiga Schematics.
* For game information, see the Hall of Light and the Amiga Games that Weren't and Every Game Released database.
* For Amiga OS 3.9 FAQ, see Official AmigaOS 3.9 FAQ.
* For Amiga history and famous uses, see Famous Amiga Uses.
* For Amiga Music collections see Amiga Music Collection and Amiga Music.
* For Fun stuff, try ChipTune website.
* For Amiga development, see my Programming page.
* For hardware and repair, see manuals from Devili.iki.fi or AmigaRealm.
* The Amiga Basic programming reference can be found at Amiga-Manuals.
* Access to archived web pages: Freiburg Linux UAE.
10. Installation Instructions
* Amikit Installation Step by Step
* Winuae Installation Step by Step
* Workbench Installation F.A.Q.
* Application and Driver Installation F.A.Q.
11. Linux and Macintosh FAQs
* Winuae and Wine F.A.Q.
* Linux PUAE and E-UAE F.A.Q.
* Macintosh E-UAE/Hi-Torro F.A.Q.
* Macintosh and Linux FS-UAE Launcher F.A.Q.
12. Winuae, Amiga Explorer FAQs
* Winuae Configuration F.A.Q.
* Winuae Disk Images, ROMs, and File Transfer F.A.Q.
* Winuae Interface F.A.Q.
* Amiga Explorer F.A.Q.
If you have a question about Winuae or Amiga related, then please .
To get latest news then use a RSS Feed Reader and point it to this
Return to main page